Official Yamacraw Race Rules
The purpose of these rules is to ensure the run’s integrity as well as for the safety of all those involved. Violations of any rules or directives may be grounds for disqualification.
- No Whining – PERIOD
- RD has final decision making authority on any question that may arise during the race.
- Cup Free – All Yamacraw trail races are cup-free races. Each runner is responsible for bringing their own reusable cup or water bottle.
- No unofficial runners – All runners must be registered and sign a waiver.
- Bibs – Each runner’s official run bib number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
- Staying on Course. Runners must follow the marked trails at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing. Cutting switchbacks is not allowed.
- Dropping Out – Any runner wishing to drop from the race must inform the nearest aid station captain.
- No external speakers. Headphones are permitted but it is is recommended that you either use only one earbud or something like jawbone conduction which allows you to stay aware of your surroundings.
- Discourage the use of headphones – Headphones can lead runners to be distracted during a race and we encourage you to run without them. If you need to run with headphones, utilizing only one earbud at a time is permitted. Using both earbuds at a time is strictly prohibited.
- Cut-off times will be strictly enforced. Runners must be checked OUT of the aid station BEFORE the cut-off time.
- Littering of any kind is prohibited. Please respect the trails and the right of everyone to enjoy them.
- Sportsmanship. Runners must refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship towards other participants, volunteers, or any race staff.
- Crewing/Pacing. There will be NO crewing/pacing of runners permitted during either race. Runners can only receive aid at aid stations from Yamacraw volunteers and staff. No aid can be received outside of aid stations.
- No pets of any kind are allowed – We do not allow pets of any kind at our events. This is a part of our permit with the NPS.
*Failure to adhere to any of the rules listed above can result in a time penalty, disqualification, or even a ban from future Ultranaut Running events.
For specific registration policies such as refunds, transfers, distance changes, and deferrals, see the Registration page.