Skip to main content

We have made the decision to postpone the upcoming Yamacraw Trail Runs to the weekend of May 22-23, 2021. This morning I inspected sections of course where I expected to see the most damage from the record flooding last weekend. Some parts of the course are still underwater and where the water has receded, it has left 4-6 inches of mud/silt, debris, downed trees, trash, and ultimately unsafe conditions. Unfortunately, we will not have enough time to clean up everything before the race next week. More importantly, upon seeing the condition of the trails in person, I would not feel comfortable putting 500+ runners on the trails at this time. Our mission is to promote participation in outdoor activities for a healthy lifestyle, be an advocate for the value of national/regional parks and trail systems and share our commitment to environmental stewardship. Going ahead with the race next weekend would not align with those values.

We want to thank all of you (runners, volunteers, sponsors, support teams) for your continued support and understanding in what has been an incredibly challenging year. Also special thanks to the Big South Fork NRRA and Daniel Boone National Forest for their cooperation and willingness to work with us in short notice under difficult circumstances.We look forward to seeing you in May.

Until then, stay safe and healthy!